Write an argumentative essay on whether or not you agree or disagree with the statement (CHOOSE ONE FROM THE LIST BELOW). To support your argument, use a variety of evidence from the articles provided, from The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and from any other additional sources that you see as necessary. 2 pages. MLA format: Times New Roman 12 pt font, double spaced. Due May 25.
- Everyone, regardless of social class can experience equal happiness or unhappiness.
- The American Dream is impossible to achieve.
- Having lots of money is an empty goal or state of being.
- Failure to live in the present is failure to live at all.
- It’s impossible to not be biased.
- You don’t have to get an education to be smart; “street smarts” are enough.
1. Everyone, regardless of social class (if you are rich or poor) can experience equal unhappiness
2. The American Dream is impossible to achieve.
3. Having lots of money is an empty goal or state of being.
4. Failure to live in the present is failure to live at all.
5. It’s impossible to not be biased.
6. You don’t have to get an education to be smart; “street smarts” are enough.
***** Here is the Argument Writing Reference Packet that has information on citing sources, constructing an argument, writing a hook, transitions, titles, and conclusions. ARGUMENT WRITING REFERENCE PACKET